Business Central How to Create Sales Quote
Check the list of How to Create sales quotes that shows below
Select the number series from the dropdown list which are custom created based on the requirements shared
You could copy the existing sales quote from here
Action > Quote > Copy Document as seen below
Enter the Quote number to copy from in the next window
You can also copy from an existing order:
- Select Order from Dropdown
- Add order number
- Select the Include header option
- Select Recalculate lines.
- Select Customer
Click on the below option to attach the customer to the sales Quote
Select the customer from the list below
- Select Contact
Click on the option to select the contact
It shows the next window to select contacts from the list or you can click on New to create more.
- On the Lines FastTab, in the Type field, select what type of product, charge, or transaction you will post for the customer with the sales line.
- In the No. field, select a record to post according to the value in the Type field.
You leave the No. field empty in the following cases:
- If the line is for comment. Write the comment in the Description field.
- If the line is for a catalog item. Choose the Select Catalog Items action. For more information, see Work With Catalog Items.
- In the Quantity field, enter how many units of the product, charge, or transaction the line will record for the customer.
We can add these below details as highlighted in the below image, which is already filled
- Select Ship to
Scroll down to the shipping & billing section to select ship-to address for a sales quote.
- Select Bill to address
Once the sales quote is generated, click on the print /send option on the top menu as highlighted below and click on send by email.
It will take a couple of minutes for the quote to be ready.
- If we want to salesperson name like which salesperson sending this email so we can fill up salesperson code
- And Can see their name like as below image
Please note, the name in the signature is picked from the name of the salesperson on this quote.
Feed-in the email ID you wish share the quote with and press ‘send email’.
A prepopulated email format gets displayed and you can email to the customer from inside the tool
Once the quote is generated click on print/send option on the header menu and click on print.
Select the printer you wish to choose for print.
Click on preview to have sneak peak of the page layout before the print.
NOTE: When the sales Quote is converted to Order it is no longer visible. It would then be only seen as a sales Order.